California…it’s just like Baywatch.

Ok, when we left off, Kelly (and I, to a lesser degree) got sick and our CA trip was in peril. Luckily, none of the kids got sick and we pulled it together and hit out a couple days later.  I made an executive decision to stay a couple extra days to make up for it. The girls had to miss school, but I can mostly get my job done on the fly, so it worked out.

Anyway, the drive was, um, long. It was beautiful all the way to Vegas, but from there it was not so fun. Breastfeeding really adds time to a drive. So, we didn’t get in until 9:00-ish. The next day, we were scheduled to go to Disneyland. Yeah, it was my first time! Anyway, Kelly’s brother Andrew’s girlfriend Nicole (mouthful) was kind enough to offer up free passes for the fam, but they had to be used by the end of the year, so it was do or die as it was 12/30. Rather than die, we did. The girls had a blast though breastfeeding again slowed us down quite a bit. It was REALLY crowded too, but what do you expect?

The next day was more relaxed… We spent most of the day recuperating. I rode with Kelly’s dads’ club in the morning. It was New Year’s Eve and Kelly’s mom ALWAYS has an awesome family get together. Unfortunately, Kelly and I were both pretty lame and I think we both cashed out on the couch around 10:30. I did rally and make it to midnight, but it wasn’t quite the usual celebration.

Sunday I did the big New Year’s ride in Long Beach. It’s 90 miles, but I figure with riding to and fro, I was pretty close to a hundy. Which is solid. As you can imagine in my current state, doing a 100 mile ride in like 4 hours was challenging, even with a 1000 of my closest friends for company. I was pretty much dragging anchor by the time I got home. Hopefully, this is a good omen for me to start working towards some kind of fitness again.

Monday I did a little ride with Kelly’s dad and took H and M to the beach. Haley, of course, got completely submerged. Yes, it was summer like temps, but the water is still pretty dang cold for no wetsuit. Anyway, we built some sand castles and I buried them alive. I mean just up to their heads, but still.

Tuesday I did another short ride by myself along the coast and then we went back to the beach, but not to get in the water, just walking the pier and such. Kelly’s mom and her bro Andrew joined us, so that was pretty nice… Outside of a kid harfing at the playground after playing with the girls. I’ve seen enough barf, thank you very little.

Wednesday we loaded up for the big drive back. Traffic wise the drive was way easier, but due to the time change, we were back basically the same time. And with school the next morning!

All in all, a great trip. Big thanks to Kelly’s folks for taking us in! I know it’s a handful!!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s